NEW DELHI: Indian and Chinese troops clashed along the Line of Actual Control in Arunachal Pradesh last week resulting in some jawans suffering minor injuries, sources said on Monday.
The Chinese had come heavily prepared with around 300 soldiers but did not expect the Indian side also to be well prepared, said sources in the military.
At least six injured jawans were brought to Guwahati for treatment, sources said, adding that there were twice as many injuries on the Chinese side.
‘Both sides immediately disengaged’
“On December 9, 2022, People’s Liberation Army troops contacted the LAC in Tawang Sector of Arunachal Pradesh which was contested by Indian troops in a firm and resolute manner. This face-off led to minor injuries to a few personnel from both sides. Both sides immediately disengaged from the area,” sources said.
Following the incident, sources said that India’s commander in the area held a flag meeting with his counterpart to discuss the issue in accordance with structured mechanisms to “restore peace and tranquility”.

In certain areas along the LAC in the Tawang Sector, there are areas of differing perception wherein both sides patrol the area up to their claim lines, added military sources. This has been the trend since 2006.
First clash since Galwan in 2020
This is the first incident of its kind after the deadly Galwan Valley clash in Ladakh in 2020.
In June 2020, Chinese and Indian troops engaged in aggressive melee, face-offs, and skirmishes at locations along the Sino-Indian border, including near the disputed Pangong Lake in Ladakh and the Tibet Autonomous Region, and near the border between Sikkim and the Tibet Autonomous Region.
Additional clashes also took place at locations in eastern Ladakh along the Line of Actual Control. The clash led to the death of 20 Indian troops and over 45 Chinese soldiers.
(With inputs from agencies)





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *